When we got invites to this year’s Best Food Forward event, I was very thrilled. Why? Well, it’s a weekend-long summer food festival celebration at NBC tent that presents nomz of all kinds, that’s why. It’s my kind of party (this whole blog is like a ThisIsWhyImFat spinoff). It was just too bad that I didn’t get back to Manila on time to have been able to go. However, our friends from BuhayKuneho went to the special bloggers’ sneak peek session and had a fantabulous time (I JELLY!). Here are a few highlights-
- There were barrels of local Butterbeer, based off the drink from the Harry Potter series (it CANNOT get more awesome), but this version has rhum in it (oh wait, yes it can).
- There were tsokolate cupcakes from ChocoATBP (this seriously sounds like heaven to me).
- There was Manang’s Chicken (still the best fried chicken in the whole damn galaxy), and
- Carlo’s Kitchen thought to double the sin called liempo, by deep frying it.
These are only the highlights, you guys. There were more goodies and nomfinds on the actual event. Read the full mouth-watering post from BuhayKuneho on this link.
*photo credits belong to Lianne of BuhayKuneho. Thank you, dear! <3
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- If you need a noodle fix, opt for soba noodles. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and contain more fiber and protein than your regular noodles. It’s also high in a slew of vitamins and minerals that you won’t get from your regular noodles. #happyhealthyawesome #alternative #buckwheat #soba #japanesefood #BTMeats - June 26, 2017
- If you’re in the mood for a sweet but healthy treat, chia pudding is always a good choice. I always have a jar of pre-soaked chia ready for snacking in the fridge. Today, I added chopped up strawberries, topped it with almond flakes, and sprinkled on some Stevia and cinnamon on top. #happyhealthyawesome #chiapudding #chiaph #sweettooth - June 22, 2017
- Today’s big breakfast is a Keto-friendly BLTEA sandwich. Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and an egg in a freshly-baked almond flour bun. Believe it or not, all of it took just 15 minutes to make. Including the bun. #happyhealthyawesome #keto #highfatlowcarb #quickhealthymeals - June 22, 2017