Since the convection oven was installed in the house, the Babycakes cupcake maker has been collecting dust in a sad little corner of our kitchen. It’s not that I’ve forgotten it, it’s just that I’ve been on a cupcake roll lately and the smaller-than-regular-cupcakes-but-bigger than-mini-cupcakes Babycakes cupcake size is more suited for muffins, or at least I think so. One morning, I needed a break from cupcakes and sweet frosting but still had an itch to bake. It was the perfect time to take out the Babycakes maker to make some breakfast muffins!
Stashed in my recipe inbox is the Banana Craisin muffins which was exactly what I was looking for that day. I had little time before heading to work so I needed something quick to make and relatively healthy. This recipe I’ll be sharing with you can’t get any easier.
What you need (recipe makes 16 Babycakes):
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup mashed banana (about 2 small ones, or 1 large one)
1/8 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cups flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cups Craisins
What to do:
1. Beat the butter until creamy, slowly add the sugar until incorporated.
2. Next, add the egg, mashed banana, milk, and vanilla.
3. Then add the flour and baking powder and mix until there are no lumps (about a minute).
4. Turn off the mixer and fold in the walnuts and Craisins to the mixture.
5. Scoop into the Babycakes maker holes and bake for about 5-7 minutes (yup, that quick).
6. Test with a toothpick. When done, let muffins cool upside down on a wire rack.
*Loop from the fifth step until you run out of batter.
Besides the fact that it requires little cleanup, the one thing that I love about the Babycakes maker is that it doesn’t need preheating. As soon as you’ve all the lumps in your batter, you can scoop it in and start baking without having to wait for it to get to the right temperature (I’m impatient like that, yes).
All in all, it took me about 30 minutes including cleanup (short rant: I hate it when the recipe duration doesn’t include cleanup when it usually takes about as long as it takes to prepare the batter) until I was able to enjoy my freshly baked muffins with a tall glass of milk and my morning dose of Reddit. Way too easy, I love it! The muffins were dense and buttery, the banana and Craisins gave it a fruity combination of sweetness and tartness and the walnuts provided a nice crunch with every bite.
P.S. For those having trouble finding cupcake liners for the Babycakes maker, I’d suggest to get the 1 oz liners. They’re slightly smaller but they work.
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Excited to try out these Aussie treats. #aussiiesnacks #kangaroo #emu #jerky - April 30, 2017
- Checking out @spotph’s #1 Crispy Pata in Manila. #praisethelard #highfatlowcarb #BTMeats - April 29, 2017
- Hot summer day at home? Make your own fruit smoothie! Fruit shake goodness minus the sugar/syrup. [fruit+milk+stevia] #avocadoshake #fruitshake #meriendahits #happyhealthyawesome - April 26, 2017