Are you in the mood for coffee? No? Well, I am. It must be sad not to like coffee for it is a magic drink (it’s true, it’s true). Lately, I’m never NOT in the mood for coffee, it’s almost worrying. It’s like caffeine has barely any effect on me anymore. That’s not such a bad thing, it only means I can have all the coffee I want and still sleep through the night like a baby. Which is what I did on my second night in Davao.
A week ago, I was in the colorful city of Davao to attend a cousin’s wedding. Right after the reception, which was a full buffet spread, a group of Davaoeños, some Manileños and I headed to this coffee shop called Cafe Firenzo. Initially, I was planning to get just coffee but then there was a cake chiller in full display filled with various nommy looking sweets and a gelato ice cream freezer with a buncha sweet looking coolers.
Obviously, we had to try some despite the full tummies. Unfortunately, I don’t have their names and prices because I forgot to take down notes but I personally recommend the Lavazza cheesecake, I think it’s called. It’s a moist and creamy number with the scent and light flavor of wonderful coffee. In the picture above, it’s that cake below the blueberry cheesecake (everyone knows what that looks like, right?). The rest were okay, but nothing too spectacular, imho.
Because my benchmark for a good coffee shop is their cappuccino and because it was near midnight, I had to try Caffè Firenzo’s. It was pretty nice. The coffee was smooth and strong without being too bitter and the cup had a decent amount of foam to top it off, like a good cappuccino ought to be.
- A lot of desserts!
- Good coffee.
- Open fairly late.
- Cushy and comfy couches.
- The name reminds me of the Harry Potter centaur Firenze (that’s a good thing!).
- Some cakes were meh.
- A bit out of the way for locals.
3 bacons! Conveniently located across a hotel (the one we stayed at), Caffè Firenzo is a perfect place for a nightcap after a tiring business trip or a day about town. They have good coffee and a nice selection of entrees and desserts offered at average prices.
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Excited to try out these Aussie treats. #aussiiesnacks #kangaroo #emu #jerky - April 30, 2017
- Checking out @spotph’s #1 Crispy Pata in Manila. #praisethelard #highfatlowcarb #BTMeats - April 29, 2017
- Hot summer day at home? Make your own fruit smoothie! Fruit shake goodness minus the sugar/syrup. [fruit+milk+stevia] #avocadoshake #fruitshake #meriendahits #happyhealthyawesome - April 26, 2017