The trend in the fried chicken world these days is going the way of Korean fast food. Although classic fried chicken will never fade away (I will always love you, Chicken Joy), we’ve made room for the crispy, soy-flavored, spicy kind of fried chicken. Another one called Smoper Chicken has popped up, not unlike the rest. Or is it?
Having the least number of branches (just a one, if I’m not mistaken), it is the least mainstream of all of them. Smoper Chicken has created its own following, however. It has gained popularity among the working class of Bonifacio Global City as a go to chicken joint, it’s that place you go to for lunch or after hours or just when you need a fried chicken fix without having to ruin your weekly food budget. I’m lucky enough to be working within walking distance to this place, and it’s easy to get their chicken. So I did.
140 bucks is enough for a meal of two chicken pieces plus rice. These are two large pieces (cuts of yours choice), more than enough to satiate a large appetite. Besides getting to pick your chicken, they also give you the option to slather your chicken with their sauces or just have it on the side, to be able to control the amount of sauce you put on your chicken. It’s a really nice plus, methinks. The chicken is nice and crispy, and the sauce is tasty. To me, it tastes different from other Korean fried chicken. A good kind of different.
Here’s how they describe their chicken-
“Crispy, golden brown, tender and juicy, choice chicken cuts, batter-dipped in our own recipe, deep fried to perfection and glazed with a choice of our mouthwatering special sauces. Original sauce made from 17 varieties of fresh vegetables or glazed with Garlic-Soy sauce. For the bold and daring, dare to try glazed in a sweet-hot and spicy fiery sauce.”
Now isn’t that irresistible?
They not only serve chicken, Smoper Chicken also has other staple Korean offerings such as Japchae (p150), Bulgogi (p150), Samgak Kimbap (p85), Patbingsoo (p150) and local favorites including Chicken Skin (p75), and Chicken Popcorn (p125) among others.
- Large chicken pieces.
- Option to choose chicken cuts.
- Option to choose to get the sauce on the side.
- Limited choices.
- Limited branches.
3.5 bacons! Smoper Chicken is a good alternative to other chicken choices. They give enough flexibility for customers to get the fried chicken they want at a reasonable price.
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Ooey gooey morning! My take on the classic croque madame. Bacon, ham, cheese, and and an egg of oozing doneness. 🍳 #homecooking #BTMcooks #croquemadame #brekky #baconmakeseverythingbetter - August 21, 2017
- Grilling requires much prep but it’s all worth it. Chicken kebabs, tuna skewers, and pigs in a blanket on the menu today. #grill #kebabs #cookingoutdoors - August 20, 2017
- Dubbed my new favorite sammich “Spamzarella”. Two slices of sugar-free bread, one topped with #Spam and mozzarella slices on the other, both toasted open-faced until the cheese starts sizzling and then combined to make the most perfect semi-cheat snack. #makemeasandwich #sugarfreebread #sammich #BTMeats - August 16, 2017