One of the reasons why I was excited to go to Davao this time around was the anticipation of getting to try the burgers of Backyard Burgers. A few days before my flight, I saw this beautiful picture on my FB timeline.
Too bad my own photos turned out horrible. I guess it was because we ravaged through the burgers all too quickly. As soon as I landed in Davao and things had settled down a bit; I duly informed my cousin, Kuya K, of my intent to go to Backyard Burgers. One day we did.
The branch we went to (this geographically-challenged blogger is not sure exactly which one) looked authentically like a backyard with the rustic design. I don’t even think design is the proper term to call what it was. The area had a bunch of plastic tables and chairs arranged in rows and was covered from the heat of the sun with simple, almost crude, metal roofing, not unlike many carinderias all over the Philippines. If not for the tarpaulin displaying the Backyard Burgers logo and larger-than-life burgers, and the high flames in the kitchens; I would have thought it was the wrong place.
It wasn’t, of course. We were quickly handed out menus by the crew and there they were- beautiful burgers of different shapes and flavors all available for taking.
The BB Signature Burger is the burger lover’s favorite. Sandwiched between a soft sesame burger bun are two thick, homemade burger patties piled on top of each other alternated with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, garlic mushroom, Yakiniku beef, and sweet ham, and then slathered with Backyard Burger’s special sauce. Oh, it’s a combination that’s close to heaven on earth.
Another bestseller is the BB Cheese Steak Burger. Like other single burgers, it has a single thick homemade burger patty and all the works (cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, garlic mushroom, slice of bacon). What sets it apart is the handful of potato fries that gives every bite a nice crunch.
Instead the Backyard Burger’s special sauce, the BB Yard BBQ Burger is slathered generously with homemade BBQ sauce. It simply satisfies barbecue burger cravings. The BB Philly Cheese Burger is an ooey gooey lovely mess. I would have preferred raw onions over the caramelized ones though.
The BB Garshroom Bacon Burger is a classic. It’s a traditional burger spiced up with bacon slices and garlic mushrooms fried in butter. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Sorry if that’s TMI.
What’s great about Backyard Burger is that their burger patties are flame-grilled, juicy, and awesomely thick. Their sesame burger bun is also one for the books. It’s buttery and soft to bite and yet firm enough to hold the thick patties and various add-ons.
Another burger of theirs I wanted to try is the BB Triple Whammy which features 3, count it, THREE thick burger patties all in one particularly interesting burger. I decided against gorging on one because I still like my arteries clear and unclogged.
For dessert, they were promoting their S’mores Cheesecake all over the place. Photos of it were plastered everywhere and the torched sweet treat looked to be an excellent ender to a greasy burger meal. It was sadly not the case. More than s’mores and cheesecake, it tasted like a cupcake with meringue frosting. It was weird, is all. And didn’t justify the 70 peso price tag. Thank jeebus their burgers more than make up for their desserts.
What is also most awesome about Backyard Burgers is their regular promo deals. One day they’d offer a burger, drink, and fries combo for just p150. Another day they’d offer the BB BBQ Burger for just p100. Other days they go for a Burger/Fries/Drinks All You Want for p350. You can get all these announcements via their very active and amusing social feeds (links below).
- Their flame grilled burgers are honest-to-goodness feel good, real burgers.
- You can customize your own burger.
- Great online presence.
- Not available in Manila!
4 bacons! Backyard Burgers resto is by no means a fine dining kind of place. If you’re looking for an elegant and classy place to take a date, this isn’t it. Backyard Burgers is where you can (and should) get down and dirty, paying no mind to the sauce is slowly dribbling down your front as you inhale their thick, juicy, flame-grilled burgers. Backyard Burgers should be brought to Manila.
Address: #88 Quimpo Blvd, Ecoland Phase 1, Davao; E. Quirino Avenue, Ilustre Davao City, Davao
Contact no/s: 295-6935; email@example.com
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Craving a hearty breakfast but still want a low carb meal? Try replacing your white rice with some quinoa! It only has about 17 grams of net carbs per serving, so you can still enjoy a good breakfast the way you like it. ~~~ PM us for orders and inquiries. 🌟🎁🎄 #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 16, 2017
- Since we discovered how awesome this lesser-known superfood is, we wanted to share the goodness of goji berries with all of you. Now available in 100g snack packs, our Goji Supershot is a healthy mix of dried goji berries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to make for a festive, healthy, supersnack. Let us know if you want some. :), “Used as traditional Chinese medicine since 200BC, goji berries have been extensively researched for their ability to generate general feelings of well-being, improve neurologic/psychologic traits, support better gastrointestinal health and bowel functions, help build stronger musculoskeletal systems, and improve cardiovascular health. They’re easy to add to meals to boost energy levels and performance.” http://ift.tt/29qvnit 🌟🎁🎄 #goji #gojiberries #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 16, 2017
- Stronger bones and muscles, healthier digestive systems, and firmer skin- that’s just a few of the benefits of chia. Get your friends and family started on their health journey by giving them this superfood! Each bottle of our chia is good for at least 18 servings. Drop us a message if you want to order, we’ll ship them to you before Christmas! 🌟🎁🎄 #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 15, 2017