Happy hump day, y’all! We’re here to talk about Cold Stone Creamery, a recently opened premium ice cream shop in the Philippines.
Like most new things, we all lapped up this novel new idea like hungry little puppies (we are curious folks) and it was soon a fad. The hype’s all but died down but I still haven’t put up this post, which should have been written about a month ago, after we set up a date to try this not-so-little ice cream shop in Serendra, Bonifacio Global City.
Cold Stone Creamery started in 1988 in Arizona and its success soon led it to expand worldwide. They now have branches in over 20 countries outside of United States, the most recent one in the Philippines.
What sets Cold Stone Creamery apart from other ice cream shops is their use of a ‘cold stone’ to prepare their ice cream. Instead of a normal counter, theirs is a slab of frozen granite stone counter where they scoop up your ice cream, sprinkle all the add ons, and mix them all up right before serving it to you.
You can select from their standard menu with interesting flavor names such as Birthday Cake Remix, The Pie Who Loved Me, Their Strawberry Blonde, among a bunch of others. If you don’t want a preset flavor, you can also mix your own by choosing your favorite ice cream flavor and adding as much topping as you want to put in.
The cups come in three sizes- Like It (Small, p168), Love It (Medium, p198), Gotta Have It (Large, p228). I chose a Love It size Apple Pie a La Cold Stone in a cup. It had a generous scoop of French vanilla ice cream, with apple pie filling, graham cracker pie crust, cinammon, and caramel. It actually tasted like good old apple pie ice cream.
Other flavors we tried were Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip (nope, not a typo), which had mint ice cream, an overload of chocolate chips, brownies, and fudge; and Cookie Doughn’t You Want Some which mixed French vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, cookie dough, fudge, and caramel. All the mixes were on the sweet side and we were all begging for water after only a few spoonfuls.
The ice cream shop had a perky staff who cheerfully assisted us while ordering. Cold Stone Creamery is conveniently located at a corner of Serendra Piazza, right accross Market! Market!.
- It’s new.
- You can create your favorite mix from the variety of flavors.
- Way too pricey for just ice cream.
- Everything was way too sweet, even for ice cream.
- The ice cream melted way too quickly, even inside the store (more logistics than anything).
- For the price of their ice cream, water isn’t free.
Cold Stone Creamery gets 2 bacons out of 5. To me, the only plus of Cold Stone Creamery is the variety of ice cream flavors, mixes, toppings, and cones available. The number of mixes and matches from all of them is almost unlimited. Other than that, their ice cream is too sweet to appeal to my sweet tooth and way too expensive for just ice cream.
Cold Stone Creamery Philippines
Address: Ground Floor, Serendra Piazza, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Contact no/s: 846-0460; firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Craving a hearty breakfast but still want a low carb meal? Try replacing your white rice with some quinoa! It only has about 17 grams of net carbs per serving, so you can still enjoy a good breakfast the way you like it. ~~~ PM us for orders and inquiries. 🌟🎁🎄 #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 16, 2017
- Since we discovered how awesome this lesser-known superfood is, we wanted to share the goodness of goji berries with all of you. Now available in 100g snack packs, our Goji Supershot is a healthy mix of dried goji berries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to make for a festive, healthy, supersnack. Let us know if you want some. :), “Used as traditional Chinese medicine since 200BC, goji berries have been extensively researched for their ability to generate general feelings of well-being, improve neurologic/psychologic traits, support better gastrointestinal health and bowel functions, help build stronger musculoskeletal systems, and improve cardiovascular health. They’re easy to add to meals to boost energy levels and performance.” http://ift.tt/29qvnit 🌟🎁🎄 #goji #gojiberries #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 16, 2017
- Stronger bones and muscles, healthier digestive systems, and firmer skin- that’s just a few of the benefits of chia. Get your friends and family started on their health journey by giving them this superfood! Each bottle of our chia is good for at least 18 servings. Drop us a message if you want to order, we’ll ship them to you before Christmas! 🌟🎁🎄 #chia #quinoa #superfood #superfoods #chiaph #quinoaph #keto #ketoph #phseller #healthyph #christmasgiftideas #giftideas #giftofhealth #christmasph #happyhealthyawesome #happyhealthy #happyhealthyholidays #BTMrecommends - December 15, 2017