Mmm, cakes. If there’s anything I would give up my (imaginary) diet for, it’s cake. We recently stopped by the Purple Oven branch over at San Antonio Village to get a cake and oh my, am I smitten. I don’t think I’ve fallen in love with a cake since Polly’s Chocolate Cake, aka the Best Damned Chocolate Cake Ever. What is this new cake which I speak of? It’s none other than Purple Oven’s best seller, the Chocolate Campfire cake.
Outside is a wonderful blob of white fluff that’s lightly torched, and inside is an ooey, gooey, moist chocolate cake. It seems plain, the combination, yes? White icing on chocolate. But this one is the absolute opposite of plain. One bite of this surprisingly heavy cake is a delicious symphony of marshmallow and chocolate, reminiscent of s’mores, a favorite camping snack, minus graham crackers. So sinful, but oh so worth it. Purple Oven’s Chocolate Campfire cake is the stuff delicious is made of.
Besides cakes, Purple Oven is a bakeshop that’s well known for their revel bars, lemon squares, and other baked treats. If you haven’t heard of them before, you better get on the bandwagon quick. They have branches in Makati, Taguig, Pasig, and Laguna. And I’ll end this post by being the devil and give you a few more pictures to entice you to indulge that sweet tooth with Purple Oven treats.
- Makati- YMCA Bldg., 7 Sacred Heart St San Antonio, Makati
- Taguig- San Antonio Plaza Arcade, McKinley Rd Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Pasig- 63 St Peter St Oranbo, Pasig
- Laguna- Solenad 2, Tagaytay Rd cor Nuvali Blvd Santa Rosa, Laguna
Contact Number: (02) 631-422
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- If you need a noodle fix, opt for soba noodles. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and contain more fiber and protein than your regular noodles. It’s also high in a slew of vitamins and minerals that you won’t get from your regular noodles. #happyhealthyawesome #alternative #buckwheat #soba #japanesefood #BTMeats - June 26, 2017
- If you’re in the mood for a sweet but healthy treat, chia pudding is always a good choice. I always have a jar of pre-soaked chia ready for snacking in the fridge. Today, I added chopped up strawberries, topped it with almond flakes, and sprinkled on some Stevia and cinnamon on top. #happyhealthyawesome #chiapudding #chiaph #sweettooth - June 22, 2017
- Today’s big breakfast is a Keto-friendly BLTEA sandwich. Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and an egg in a freshly-baked almond flour bun. Believe it or not, all of it took just 15 minutes to make. Including the bun. #happyhealthyawesome #keto #highfatlowcarb #quickhealthymeals - June 22, 2017