Mmm, cakes. If there’s anything I would give up my (imaginary) diet for, it’s cake. We recently stopped by the Purple Oven branch over at San Antonio Village to get a cake and oh my, am I smitten. I don’t think I’ve fallen in love with a cake since Polly’s Chocolate Cake, aka the Best Damned Chocolate Cake Ever. What is this new cake which I speak of? It’s none other than Purple Oven’s best seller, the Chocolate Campfire cake.
Outside is a wonderful blob of white fluff that’s lightly torched, and inside is an ooey, gooey, moist chocolate cake. It seems plain, the combination, yes? White icing on chocolate. But this one is the absolute opposite of plain. One bite of this surprisingly heavy cake is a delicious symphony of marshmallow and chocolate, reminiscent of s’mores, a favorite camping snack, minus graham crackers. So sinful, but oh so worth it. Purple Oven’s Chocolate Campfire cake is the stuff delicious is made of.
Besides cakes, Purple Oven is a bakeshop that’s well known for their revel bars, lemon squares, and other baked treats. If you haven’t heard of them before, you better get on the bandwagon quick. They have branches in Makati, Taguig, Pasig, and Laguna. And I’ll end this post by being the devil and give you a few more pictures to entice you to indulge that sweet tooth with Purple Oven treats.
- Makati- YMCA Bldg., 7 Sacred Heart St San Antonio, Makati
- Taguig- San Antonio Plaza Arcade, McKinley Rd Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Pasig- 63 St Peter St Oranbo, Pasig
- Laguna- Solenad 2, Tagaytay Rd cor Nuvali Blvd Santa Rosa, Laguna
Contact Number: (02) 631-422
Latest posts by bacontunamelt (see all)
- Takoyaki cooked right in front of your table. #japanesefood #BTMeats #BTMcooks - September 9, 2017
- If I were to pick one thing I miss most about trying to eat low carb, it’s pasta. This is why on really bad days, I gorge on instant noodles. 😨 For shame. Anyway, when I found out about @7grainspantry’s Protein Pasta which are made from two ingredients- edamame and water, I was sold. High on protein and fiber, this is the ultimate carb substitute. #happyhealthyawesome #BTMcooks #BTMrecommends #edamamepasta #proteinpasta - August 25, 2017
- Those tiny grain like things sprinkled on top of this chia pudding is @manitobaharvest’s Hemp Hearts. Rich in two essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, hemp seeds are really good for health. Kinda reminds me of pine nuts in both taste and texture. #hempseeds #dailychia #chiapudding - August 24, 2017